Tuesday, April 12, 2005

State of the World

So, I'm at the gym, working out on the Elyptical machine... and I'm watching the news (it was either that or sports--the choice was obvious). On both CNN and the local news, at the same time, they were reporting on woman being attacked by men... locally and nationally.
And I was thinking to myself... it really sucks being a woman sometimes.

I couldn't help but think of Christina Aguilera's song, "Can't Hold Us Down"

This is for my girls all around the world... Who've come across a man who don't respect your worth... Thinking all women should be seen, not heard...So what do we do girls? Shout louder! Letting them know we're gonna stand our ground... Lift your hands high and wave them proud... Take a deep breath and say it loud... Never can, never will, can't hold us down

No comments: