Monday, December 13, 2004

Update on Subbing

"Only by his qualification as a learner can he show himslef qualified to become a teacher."
~Karl Barth

Let me tell you-- I've been learning A LOT! :)

Today I learned how to deal with high school boys who hit on their substitute teachers.

That's right, I got hit on by a Junior in High School. Granted, I remember when I was in high school my friends and I thought certain young male teachers were cute (You North Alumni know who I'm talking about). However, I also vivdly remember never saying ANYTHING to their face! And I certainly never wrote it on the board! Well, both happened to me today. Yikes! What's a teacher to do? The only thing I could think of was to ignore him-- so that's what I did.

Sure hope I did the right thing... :)

No comments: