Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What's New?

It's been awhile since I've posted anything, yikes! Things have been busy and since I've left AmeriCorps, I haven't felt the need to update my blog as regularly. Not that my life isn't interesting, I just see people more often. However, for those who do not have that privledge, here's some stuff that's been going on with me:

Work is going really well. It's almost been two months since I started and it's hard for me to imagine that. I have an awesome job. I feel so blessed and I couldn't imagine doing anything else right now.

FUNNY STORY! I went to get my hair cut last Friday...My hair stylist, Ermanno, is so awesome which is why I drive to San Clemente to get my hair done. Anyways, first off, he said my hair cut was too conservative and that I needed to spice it up. He said some other things about my hair cut, but they don't need repeating. The really funny part was that he mentioned that he met my Dad. Here's how the conversation unfolded:

Ermanno: I met your Father at the store.
Me: Oh, really?
Ermanno: Yes, he was with your Mother. Is he your Father or your Step Father?
Me: He's my Dad.
Ermanno: He's a good looking guy. I mean, I'm straight, but I just call it like it is.

I was DYING. What was even better was telling the story to my parents. We all had a good laugh.

Let's see, what else has been going on in my life? Oh yes, I finally finished my AmeriCorps scrapbook. Now, I realize that isn't hot news to many of you, but it has been looming over my head since the beginning of July and I just finished it this past weekend. I really like it. I do have to add some more pictures, but then I'll be done. Good times!!!

In closing, I recently bought Casting Crowns CD Lifesong. I have pretty much been listening exclusively to it since the purchase. All of the songs are pretty powerful, but I especially like the chorus of the song In Me:

Cause when I'm weak, You make me strong
When I'm blind, You shine Your light on me
Cause I'll never get by living on my own ability
How refreshing to know You don't need me
How amazing to find that you want me
So I'll stand on Your truth, and I'll fight with Your strength
Until You bring the victory, by the power of Christ in me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude, you finished your scrapbook?! you MUST share!

:-P

hey kid, just dropped in to see whattup in your life. keep it real, yo.