Thursday, January 27, 2005

The Hours

One of the books I got for Christmas was The Hours by Michael Cunningham. I have been meaning to share this little blurb from it for awhile now... oops!

"It's stores, it's the whole thing, all that shit everywhere, 'scuse me, that merchandise, all those goods, and ads screaming at you from all over the place, buy buy buy buy buy, and when somebody comes up to me with big hair and gobs of makeup on and says, 'Can I help you,' it's all I can do not to scream, 'Bitch, you can't even help yourself.'"

This is exactly why I turned into the Grinch when I was working at NY&CO. What's interesting is that I can relate to this and at the same time be hurt by it-- I've been on both sides!

FYI-- The Hours is a better book than a movie... Surprise, surprise.

No comments: