Susan sent me a book for my birthday. It's called The Word Museum. It contains "the most remarkable English words ever forgotten." I know that only nerds like us would really get into this, but I thought I'd share some words for fun. Try and use them! :)
1. gapesnest a wonderment, a strange sight.
2. fluckadrift a haste, hurry
3. cover-slut a long apron used to hide an untidy dress; any clothing slipped on to hide untidiness beneath
4. key of the street a person who has no house to go to at night or is shut out from his own, is said to have the keys to the street.
5. meatwhole having a healthy appetite
6. prinkle the flesh is said to prinkle when there is a tingling sensation, consequent upon a temporary suspension of the circulation.
7. shazzying dancing
8. tooth-music the sound of chewing
9. waspish peevish, malignant, irritable
10. aflunters in a state of disorder
Steph-can I use these in speed scrabble? :)