Friday, July 01, 2005

I can't believe this guy!

Honestly, I truly wonder what he is thinking when he says these things:

''Before I was a Scientologist, I never agreed with psychiatry,'' Cruise said. ''And when I started studying the history of psychiatry, I understood more and more why I didn't believe in psychology ... And I know that psychiatry is a pseudo science.'' Disputing the effectiveness of antidepressants generally, Cruise said, ''all it does is mask the problem.'' He added, ''There is no such thing as a chemical imbalance.''

Really, Mr. Cruise? I think someone could benefit from a visit to a psychologist!

I'm glad someone is saying something back:

Actress Brooke Shields on Friday fired back at Tom Cruise after the actor criticized her for having revealed she had taken an antidepressant to cope with post-natal depression.
Shields called Cruise's comments ''a disservice to mothers everywhere'' in an opinion column for The New York Times. ''To suggest that I was wrong to take drugs to deal with my depression, and that instead I should have taken vitamins and exercised shows an utter lack of understanding about postpartum depression and childbirth in general,'' the actress wrote.
''If any good can come of Mr. Cruise's ridiculous rant, let's hope that it gives much-needed attention to a serious disease.''


I seriously hope his new movie flops.

No comments: